Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hello from Agra

Greetings everyone from Agra, India. This is home of the glorious Taj Mahal, and streets even wilder than in Delhi. Delhi has fewer animals. Between the drive here and the Taj Mahal itself, I feel like I've seen everything. I've only been in the country for 48 hours though.

Getting to Delhi from Vancouver took 40 hours, and had me landing at Los Angeles, Taipei, and Singapore on the way. It gave me lots of time to reflect on why I didn't check the itinerary more carefully when my travel agent booked it in November. The flights were well in the "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" category, although it worked surprisingly well. I slept well, had a wonderful visit with relatives in Singapore, watched a movie ("The Queen") and a few TV shows, and went to a gym in L.A. If you're ever on a long layover at LAX, consider taking the free shuttle to the Crowne Plaza Hotel and dropping into the gym across the street for a bit of exercise and a shower. It saved my sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home