Friday, April 14, 2006

Hello again

Ten years ago I put up my first and only website, Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. Hello again. I've often, often, thought of trying to update it for the many good reasons that I should, but anyway... I am here. Somewhere new, where I think I want to be. It's time to talk about other things.

Today, I'm on a brief holiday in Walnut, California. I was just at the WritersUA conference in Palm Springs, presenting a session on "DITA and conditional text" (rough translation: how technical writers can produce more variations of documentation with less copy-and-paste). It was four days of airplaine/hotel food, hot desert sunlight, not enough sleep, many interesting conversations, and the intense, fascinating bustle of a conference.

It's peaceful to be here, having cozy talks with my relatives and going for long walks. There are songbirds, rolling hills, the occasional eucalyptus tree, and right now a nice noisy rainstorm.

"Ficelle" (fee-SELL) comes from the song, "Le voyage" in the Paul Piché album of the same name. There's also a legal sound clip - if you can get the site to work - at audiogram.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Su-Laine said...

Thanks Shannon! I love the candlelight idea. I will try that. BTW I'm in the process of updating the DSPS article on Wikipedia.

11:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home